Minggu, 02 Maret 2014

The Show Goes On

My beloved friends,

     As the beginning of 2014 rises upon us, we realize new era has come. New year will always be a great momentum for everyone to take a new step or to set up a new goal and this year I got a new family. I called them Petrosean. Petrosean is a group of fresh graduates who join Petrosea’s Graduate Development Program (GDP). It consists of graduates from several universities. Before I continue my story, I would like to tell you a bit about Petrosea. The company provides service for mining industry, but beside mining they are able to do various project because of their engineering capabilities.
     The Petrosea’s management said that GDP is a program conducted by Petrosea to nurture Petrosea’s next leader. It can be reached by giving these freshmen a field experience and soft skill development. So for the first year, we are not going to have a specific departement for instance drill and blast dept, instead we have to learn all mining practices from A to Z. From learning  about short term mine planning until how to replace a bucket’s teeth excavator. What a challenging process!

Yes we are! Petrosean batch 2014
     Based on the site placement, I will be placed at East Borneo and here I work now at Petrosea site Kideco Jaya Agung. Kideco is located at Batukajang district, East Borneo province. It took 4,5 hours from Balikpapan to Batukajang by car. From Balikpapan we have to cross the sea by speedboat for about 20 minutes to Penajam harbour. From the harbour we have to continue the trip to Batukajang by car. It took aproximately 4 hours to reach the Petrosea’s camp. The journey was fascinating because of the scenery. The people here was quite welcome to me and my friend so we didn’t feel too nervous to communicate.
     No one wants to be separated from their family, no one. But sometimes the decision have to be made in order to strengthen ourself. To be honest, I dont know what will I get here but one thing I know for sure is I will  learn something new. It takes one year to complete GDP program and this process has just begun. It means there will be a lot of things to learn and a lot of new faces to meet.

     As a parting remark, I wish you a great life in 2014 because you deserve anything you’ve ever dream of as long as you believe in your self. See you guys on top!

2 komentar:

  1. Is there a signal to upload this thing, Go? hoho..
    Sometimes you must 'merantau' to get something different way of your life. So I wish you get lack of luck there. Ganbatte ne!

    BalasHapus
  2. It's hardly enough to find such a signal here kal. Well, instead of the fact that I'm in the middle of nowhere but I often meet my senior from UPN here. So we start chit-chatting about how to behave when you're far far away from home ;)

    The same wish goes to you kal, be strong be bold! CU later.

    BalasHapus